WHAT: Take a taste trip to one of the world’s richest cuisines and cultures at Street Food and Tunes vibrant Indian edition, to be hosted by the restored White Spoon in Holargos. From the Himalayas to the Indian Ocean and from Bangladesh to Burma, Bhutan, Nepal and Pakistan, India is a crossroads of cultures reflected through its aromatic flavors and rhythms.
So, if you think Indian food is just chicken tikka masala – and Indian music is just Bollywood – get ready to be impressed!
At this latest Street Food and Tunes event you will travel to India with the expert Zachir Dakua who will educate Athenian palettes about the newest flavours of his enormous country!
WHEN: Wednesday, October 11 at 7pm.
WHERE: White Spoon: Leof. Mesogeion 234, Cholargos.
HERE’s WHATS ON THE MENU!
– Samosas: fried pittas stuffed with vegetables and legumes (potato, carrot, lentils & peas), curry, mint, coriander and Vitam Coconut & Almond
– Pakora: fried cabbage, lettuce, cauliflower and onion in cornmeal, cumin, and chilli
– Chicken Tandoori: chicken breast, marinated in tikka masala spices, paprika, coriander, garlic, ginger, yoghurt, vitamin Coconut & almond and Vitam Walnut
– Chicken Tikka: Chicken Tikka chicken wings, marinated in yogurt sauce, tomato, tikka masala spices, ginger, lemon, pepper, cinnamon, cumin, carnation, nutmeg and Vitam Coconut & Almond
– Chicken Korma: chicken fillet cooked in a saucepan in yoghurt sauce, coconut milk and cream, blend of Indian spices, honey, pineapple, Vitamin Cake & Almond and Vitam Walnut
– Lamb Masala: lamb cooked in a saucepan with yellow curry sauce, ginger, tomato, potatoes, peanuts, and garam masala
– Beef Curry: calf cooked in the pan with Indian spices, tomato, yellow curry, green peppers, onions, ginger and Vitam Coconut & Almond
– Chana Masala: Indian recipe with onion, tomato, coconut, coriander, yellow curry, ginger, parsley and Vitam Coconut & Almond
– Mix Vegetable Curry: Various vegetables (potato, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot) cooked in a saucepan with onion, garlic, yoghurt, tomato, yellow curry and Vitam Walnut
– Daal Curry: red Indian lentils cooked with onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, tomato and yoghurt
– Biryani rice: basmati steak cooked with saffron, onion, coconut, biryani masala, ginger, cardamom, bouillon and Vitam Walnut
– Appetizer serving € 5 (includes 3 starters of your choice and Biryani rice)
– Main Dish Portion € 5 (includes 3 main dishes of your choice and Biryani rice)
Ideally served with:
- Delhi marry: vodka, homemade tomato mix, lemon juice, smoked pepper, coconut oil (€ 8)
- Darjeeling way: Gin, Darjeeling tea syrup, lime juice, gentleman soda (with bergamot and mandarin) (€ 7)
- Bollywood punch: Havana 3ys, papaya pure, saffron infused spicy syrup, lime juice (€ 7)
Insider Weekly, October 11, 2017.